Text-Book of Osteopathy
American College of Mechano-Therapy
TREATMENT OF THE NECK
1. Apply deep pressure with the fingers on
both sides of the spine, just at the base of the skull. Used
in fevers and for headaches.
2. Turn the head to either side as far as
possible without inconveniencing the patient. Look for lesions.
3. Flex the head upon the chest.
4. Patient in reclining position. Rotate
the head in one direction and the neck in the other. Reverse
5. Stretch the muscles of the neck by placing
one hand under the chin and the other under the occiput and gradually
pull the head toward you.