Text-Book of Osteopathy
American College of Mechano-Therapy
TREATMENT OF THE LOWER LIMBS
1. Take the limb in both bands and with a rotary movement
of the hands move and relax all tissues to the bone.
2. Internal and external rotation and circumduction
of limb. Flex calf of leg on thigh, and thigh on abdomen. Straighten
limb out with proper rotation. with more or less force.
3. Stretch the sciatic nerve by extending limb, at
the same time bearing down considerably on the foot.
4. Slightly flex the knee, work deeply into the muscles
on the under side with both hands, stretching them outward at the same time.
5. Turn the foot outward as far as possible
and allow it to come back to its normal position. Repeat the
movement inwardly. Perform each movement about ten times.